Tuesday, September 23, 2008

efficiency makes happiness much easier....

ok so the last couple days we have been having to do quite a bit of stuff for the school.. yesterday we had to go get our id cards, and we had to wait in line for an hour and a half just to spend about 30 seconds showing this lady my passport and getting my id..
Then this morning we had to go enroll for our classes, which doesn't sound bad. We all figured that it would be sort of in and out. But we were wrong! Unlike kstate where you just click a few buttons on the computer, here you have to go wait in a room while this little old lady sitting at a desk in the front individually goes through the classes and their schedule with each individual person.. it was crazy! After about 3 1/2 - 4 hours i finally got to talk to her! With a room full of other students looking upon me longingly, I actually got the classes that I wanted.
I am taking: Math III
Electrical Circuit Theory
Intro to Philosophy
Beginning Czech Language
and Technology II
I really have no idea how difficult they will be, but i am sure i will find out soon enough.

Other than that everything has been going great. I haven't been able to get out of Prague yet, but I have seen alot more of the city and am still trying to learn my way around.
You all should know that this is a big moment here in the dormitory because we just got the internet in our rooms about 10 minutes ago! We are all pretty pumped!

3 comments:

Maggie said...

ur classes are in english right?

Sam said...

well i think so.. but i have a conflict with two of my labs so i might have to be in one of them with all czech students.. if that happens then i will probably spend alot of time sitting there looking around with my mouth open..

Anonymous said...

I'm ready for another post....and for some more sweet pictures!! Just thought I'd let you know. :)

PS. I'm still trying to find my webcam, so I can get skype! I miss you!